Wednesday 7 January 2015

The Drama of an Old Man

I pretended to be busy today.  Gnawing through the computer and rustling through files like what I did actually matter.  I do not really give a damn.  But I had to do something to get me alert for last night's sleep quality was poor.  

Perhaps being laid-back can be a good thing.  But not so much of a good thing to practice too often at work, especially when it comes to execution.  Simply today, when getting everyone into the meeting room at a stipulated time became a task when all involved gave this face that does not mean anything. It only manages to spell back 'you are invisible' to you.  Fine.  But has it got to be the same from the top too?

Logically when you do business providing services, you should keep a tab on people paying you.  So, how can it be hard when you are asked to do just that?  Being cynical that does not mean anything by throwing out words that a 10 year old would.  I am sorry.  But I do not get that.  I seriously do not get the fact that you are that old and could slump, throw a fit at the meeting table going, "May as well change this department's name into Finance", "We are department A, doing Finance's job (snorts)", "It is department B's job".  Oh come on you poor old soul.  

Truth be told, I felt like slapping his head one time.  





Even then suddenly I blurted out, "It is not so bad," for just helping to remind your customer to pay up for what you have given.  And this person went, "Sorry?  What was that you were saying? Again?" for all any possible drama where he continued with, "I never said it was bad.  I never mentioned the word bad whatsoever..." and the drama ensues.

I do not understand a single bit of it and his calculative ways.

If only he could see where he is losing out.  Where his actions to not do it will cause no income for the company, especially when the customers see that we do not care about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment